Thread: M3 vs. STi
View Single Post
      09-19-2010, 01:20 AM   #103
M3LOL
Rep
Drives: STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
There is another thread on that car. Based on what I've seen, that car is not the production model, and has various upgrades. Still impressive.
Hmm, haven't done much research on this vid, so you may be correct. It is still very cool regardless as you said.

My summary of this thread and my reason for posting it is this: A car can focus on one aspect and be very good at it. A car can be very fast, but a bad road car. A car may be very comfortable but terrible on the track. There are many cars that create a compromise in the middle, the m3 being an example of that. Now if you think there isn't a compromise in an m3 and the comfort it provides? Go over to rennlist and ask gt3 owners their opinion of an m3 on the track. Once you get to a certain price point, usually above 40K you have choices between one purpose cars ie: lotus, a compromise ie: m3, or comfort ie: the majority of bmw's, mercedes, infiniti, etc. At this point in MY life what I look for is more along the lines of a lotus. I will drive a car w/ a fixed back seat, racing harnesses, a car that will beat ur kidney to red when you drive it, as long as all that adds to the experience when i trail brake into a corner, create zero steer, and get through an apex in a 4 wheel drift at WOT. I don't want a car that pushes the seat belt closer to you when you close the door.

What I have found about the bmw community as well is about parallel w/ all car communities. There are some complete dickwipes, but there are some extremely cool, knowledgeable, respectful enthusiasts out there. And to those who still think I'm trolling?? Go F urself
Appreciate 0