View Single Post
      09-17-2010, 05:13 PM   #97
madfast
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 PB Evo X MR-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO View Post
I don't think the Mitsubishi that makes cars is the same Mitsubushi company that makes turbos. Mitsubishi the parent company, makes everything from toasters to dildos (I however think some of the toaster parts made it into the EVO).

If BMW had a company that made turbos, I am sure they would use BMW turbos. However, considering that the turbo market is dominated by a few players (i.e., Mitsu, Garrett, etc...), there is no financial gain for BMW to enter the turbo manufacturing market. However, I would be willing to bet that if BMW did in fact manufacture a turbo, it would be superior to any turbo Mitsu could manufacture. Just take a look at how the S1000RR spanked the likes of Yamaha, Ducati, Suzuki and Kawasaki first year into production.

The only reason that you seem to be justifying your EVO, is because you obviously have never spent any seat time (or sufficient seat time) in an m3. If so, you would of quickly realized that there is absolutely no comparison between the two other than those attributes common to all cars.

Secondly, aside from the mechanical superiority of any BMW over any Mitsubishi (in relative terms), one must consider the intangible attributes offered by both cars (m3 vs Evo). While the Evo does have bragging rights amongst a small group of followers (boys 18-21) and in the WRC, the m3 is known globally for its performance superiority and recognized as a performance machine by adults while continuing to be the wet dream of many 14-30 year old boys and men not to mention the moisture-provoking effects it has on woman of most ages. I say 14-30 years old because 30 seems to be the age in which those who have been dreaming about an m3 finally are able to buy one (either by working hard or living at home with mom and dad).

So, in conclusion, one must recognize that EVOs have their place in performance history along side the WRX and SRT4; they offer a great value if looks is not important and if you don't mind tossing it in the trash 4 years.

And if one saves their lunch money for a day, you can mod them to 1000HP, which, will subsequently increase the level of performance to a level that would rival a Veyron, even if only for a few months until the engine explodes.

Cheers,
SZ
LOL that was obviously a joke about the turbos. just goes to show how much of a BMW fanboi u are...

S1000RR? funny u should mention that. you DO know that BMW's used opposing cylinders in their bikes for a long time right? you DO know that the S1000RR is a COPY of all those bikes you tried to put down right? look at the S1000RR. what is the lineage of that bike? CBR1000RR? i can trace that bike back to the 1969 CB750. know your history before you spout fanboyisms...

the evo has been using active electronically controlled torque vectoring for more than a decade. even the E9X M3 of today doesnt have that. so i guess mitsu drivetrain engineering is decades ahead of bmw huh?

Last edited by madfast; 09-17-2010 at 05:29 PM..
Appreciate 0