View Single Post
      03-19-2010, 06:21 AM   #73
Sales@Evolve
Rep
Drives: Slow

Hi Guys,

seems like everyone has now finished posting and scrutizing so I think it's now a good time to post.

Most people can quite clearly see where I am coming from on this one.

I have already explained that methanol has an effect on the ion knock control system. Member 'Lemans M Blue' has posted information already from which you should be able to understand why the problem is caused. If you cannot understand from that post then there is nothing I can post up to make you understand.

Now, I am going to make my statement again and this time I am not going to assume that anyone has read anything else I've written.

- Using Methanol on an engine which is not tuned to use methanol will cause the knock detection system to not work properly and therefore will lead to problems with the S65 engine. Not the S54, the S65.

Again.... the keywords used are NOT TUNED FOR METHANOL.

And I'll say something else again - those of you who are planning to use methanol on the S65 (not the S54 or S50...the S65) with supercharger kits WITHOUT it first having the ECU tuned to take this into account - your motors will most likely encounter major issues.

Some members would like to know why methanol has this effect on the ion knock detection system.
Ok, when you understand what Lemans has written about then I will.
To be honest, I would have had the attitude of some members been a little more positive. I sense some members will go blue in the face to prove something wrong no matter how much logic or proof I am prepared to give. Therefore, I do not see the point of posting such an explanation if it's just going to create a scenario of going round and round in circles. The more evidence I give, the less people may understand, the more likely it is that statements will be taken out of context and the whole thing is a waste of time for me to write and for people to read.

Moving on.

If you are using methanol and the tune has been calibrated to do so then you should be fine.

So, the key area is the TUNE.

I do not take what anyone here has said out of context or just picked up on a single line and based my responses on that. I would appreciate if that is not done to me. I don't think that's too much to ask from a group of adults is it?
Appreciate 0