View Single Post
      10-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #114
cjwb1984
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW Z4 Sdrive35i

IMO, I think a lot of people get into the here and now moment, and throw around the word great too often. I think Vettel is on his way to greatness. He's a very good driver, along the likes of Alonso. The thing that's very difficult to assess with Vettel is just how superior the Red Bull cars are compared to the field, McLaren, Ferrari, Lotus, etc...no team has consistently challenge those cars over the past couple of years.

And I don't think Webber is a good driver, he's just decent. Definitely not a situation where you can fairly assess, like a Senna and Prost comparison. Two great drivers in their own rights.

Now what's going to be fun, is how Alonso and Kimi can coexist next year. Give those two the same car and watch them go. That's going be so much fun. I can't wait.

A step down from those two are Kimi, and Lewis Hamilton. I think those 4 are the top drivers currently in F1. I think Webber, Rosberg and Button are just decent drivers.

The influx of very talented drivers going to F1 is just very scarce due to issues, political and what not. Not just many like it used to be when I was watching in the 90s and way before that.
Appreciate 0