Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 Space Gray/MT

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 e92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Man up... move to a remote cabin, get a valentine one, and keep the x-pipe.

Or, switch back to the stock one, make casseroles for the neighborhood, and wear pleated pants with a sweater vest.

I'm a Banana Republic guy so Sweater Vests are cool so I'll wear my vest and make tuna casseroles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Uh doing 90 is enough to get you pulled over and you're complaining about the noise/smell? Add some cats if you want the smell gone. Choose a different exhaust if you don't want it so loud. RPi isn't known to be quiet so it sounds like research wasn't done before you bought.
Research is hard to do when there are like 4 San Diego guys here on M3 Post, who knows who has an exhaust and no one meets ups. I'd rather hear exhausts in person than on YouTube. If one says that YouTube helped them with their decision then they must believe there are Talking Dogs Who Love Maple Bacon. Just rolled the dice on getting the RPI just like I rolled the dice on buying this car. Now that I've experienced it first hand and my tuning shop is easy to work with I'll make the changes I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Evolve showed in their exhaust testing that 200CPI cats make a small difference in terms of power. I can tell you that the smell is not really bad at all either once they are warmed up. It will be stinky during cold start.
Roger that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor251 View Post
Since you have the RPI x pipe I would suggest doing what I did to mine and add a set of resonators. You already have the resonated front pipes just add a second set to the x pipe and my guess is you will love it. As for the smell it all just depends on the person, I have issues and love the smell of the 100 octane!
I will look into it.
Appreciate 0