View Single Post
      08-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #22
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
While it may be good security to invest in a secret DNA test, think about the after-effects. If I couldn't trust my wife on the legitimacy of my newborn child then, what can I trust her on? If an issue so large weathers me down to do a secret test, what about the daily things she does? What happens when she spends the night out with the girls? Do I secretly follow her?

I'd reason that following her and making sure she isn't cheating on me might be good security to invest for myself. In fact, following her around would reassure me 100% that my woman (be it girlfriend or wife) isn't/hasn't been sleeping around, more so than a secret DNA test would about my newborn child. But doing shady stuff like this opens up a can of worms. It also isn't the way to build relationships. It also means you haven't found the right woman who is comfortable enough to drop appearances and open-up.

I still stand firm with no DNA test if I were in that position. I'm sure if you had a child on the way, you would be celebrating about being a father rather than worrying if he's yours or not. And if you were to do the latter, I'd suspect that you already have doubts about the relationship. I've never heard of a new-father, whom is in a sound relationship, to secretly DNA test his child "just because" the judicial system might fuck him over years down the road.
Lol yeah fucking right. Speak for yourself. I'd kick that cheating whore straight to the curb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJack View Post
No shit! How about not being dumb enough to marry some skank where you would need to even worry about her cheating on you. Yeah, shit happens but come on now, if you're foolish enough to marry some chick who cheats on you and then 5 years later you find out the kids not yours, you just gonna turn off your feelings for the kid?
I think while the 'opens a can of worms' or 'what can you trust her on then' arguments are somewhat valid, but it would be incredibly foolish to not protect yourself financially. I mean women have pulled this shit on men time and time again.

I hope you guys don't skip out on prenups, because you two sound like the kind of guys who would.

Better to be safe than sorry.
Appreciate 0