Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_dub View Post
lol You can't post compliments about your friend's photography skills when they are clearly lacking and get defensive when people don't like it. Gotta be prepared to hear harsh remarks. Over processed and over saturated. Tell him he needs to read up on the rule of thirds in terms of composition. I'm sorry, but I see no traction...just wheels spinning.
Do you wanna help you friend progress in his skills? Take these constructive criticisms and build on them. Other than that, I think your car looks great. How about we see more shots less processed and more natural?
If anyone doesn't like his photos, that's totally fine. But for people to just jump in and be snarky from the get-go is uncalled for. You didn't like the photos. Fine. At least you presented yourself in an intelligent manner. Further back in this thread, Snig called someone's pictures "eye-rape".......that's a great way to chill with your fellow M3 dudes......

I guess nobody likes the fact that we blended the car into a larger environment in the second picture......the first one put the car front and center and desaturated the background, and then the second takes the car way back and makes it part of a larger landscape......I guess no one's going for it.....that's fine.

As far as my friend.......geez, all I said was that he's gaining traction in the auto world......I didn't come on here and say he's the second coming of Christ......He's been published in several magazines, and he's booked solid through December. He regularly garners well in excess of $1000/day for his work. He loves HDR-style photos and people hiring know that he tends that way. (fwiw, I like HDR.)

I don't know.......I just came on here to post a couple photos of my car. Usually, I post photos that I took. And if anyone criticizes them, that's fine. But being so snarky from the get-go is annoying, and I am happy to respond back in a snarky way.....what makes me laugh is that when I call someone out for being an ass, then I'm told to chill out......

To our buddy, Snig------I looked through the thread and didn't see your car in here. I am officially requesting to see some photos of your car. All I can say is----they better be awesome! There's a tough crowd in here.
I never said anything negative about your car. I actually like it. Just that the photography doesn't do the subject any justice.

Why are we all so sensitive? (Thanks Obama! (that's a meme, just in case you don't "get it" this time)).

Oh, and I'll post pictures. It's nothing special, just an 08 that's been updated to ZCP spec.
Appreciate 0