View Single Post
      11-29-2012, 12:12 PM   #94
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
EDIT ... REMOVED ONE POST REPLY HERE ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amri215 View Post
In all fairness I think this post was created in a momentary fit of anger or lapse in judgement on behalf of the OP..hes owned various BMWs..I mean to state you're writing off a car for something as silly as a badge just doesnt compute.
You are quite right all together I owned 7 my first in 1987 purchased in cash that one as well as my M3 we still have. As far as the badge goes I feel strongly about that having meet some of the ///M Division people. It's all about marketing now and on that point I agree with JC. On one of my 7 Bimmers I have been very badley treated by BMWNA as well as BMW Canada, still I purchased M3's

Perhaps I am a grumpy old man and you know what when you come to my age you can enjoy the same privilege to say whatever your heart desires As for poor judgement yes I had a few of those in my life time. Let me assure you when I posted the OP I meant what I said. I once thought the world of BMW no longer, wait till you get screwed over by them, then you might be of a different frame of mid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo629 View Post
How insecure do you have to be to come up with a statement like "this will be my last M3 because I'm not special anymore...whah whah whah"
You should not assume how people feel unless you are older then I am and know me personally ... or might you be Leonardo da Vinci born in 1452? If so I bow my head. I purchased my first car in 1957 so you do the math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
I don't think it's a lapse in judgement on the ops behalf. I feel the same

And, BMW isn't the king of the hill anymore. As proof with the new m5.
You are right on ... in my case after being 25 years loyal to BMW and 7 BMW's it's time for a change ... aspesially when one has been screwed over by BMWNA and BMW Canada on one of the cars.

Our 1987 535is will be with us for a very long time and my M3 for as long as I like to drive her. However, when it is time to change it will no longer be a BMW.

As you said BMW is no longer the King of the Hill, our DD is better looking to me every day.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 11-29-2012 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: EDIT ... REMOVED ONE POST REPLY
Appreciate 0