View Single Post
      04-08-2016, 01:50 PM   #16
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

cmo_93 - For me, the Stock exhaust is far too tame. Initially, I sourced a donor rear exhaust canister and did the OEM Mod (Perforated method) and this really brought the sound to life while retaining the stock cats and look.

When I decided to add TP's, the OEM Mod is simply too loud when coupled with TP's - and I began to search for other viable options.

After much searching on YouTube and in person - I chose Megan, for cost and candidly the sound is on par with exhausts that are 3x the price.

Megan + TP's are almost OEM quiet under normal load (up to 80 mph). You do have a deeper and throaty tone than OEM at idle and normal acceleration, but it is not an unpleasant sound that screams or has rasp (on my 6MT anyway).

Under WOT - this set-up and sound becomes uncivilized and amazing, without the harsh or sharp tones that remind you of nails on a chalk board.

Remember - Everyone will have a different opinion on a perfect sound for the S65.

My opinions are mine and mine alone . IMO however; This set-up is about the biggest bang for your buck, and I would do again 10/10 times with just TP and the exhaust.

FTR - You can paint the chrome exhaust canister flat black to hide/camouflage it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0