05-22-2012, 11:10 PM   #22
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy View Post
This is specifically directed toward situations with girls but general life problems are fine too. I find that I over analyze about girls, family, friends, and especially my car..I'm starting to understand that over analyzing is the definite cause of my depression swings that happen on a daily basis. Serious thread with a serious question. How do you over thinkers deal with it?
Here's the approach you should take with women:

"I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now I will do the opposite and I will do something!"

In all seriousness (and I'm only half joking with that video) - let go. Learn to let go. Your first instinct is almost always correct; go with it and end the thought process right there. If it wasn't right humans probably wouldn't exist as a species for obvious reasons.

Filling your head with half-assed scenarios isn't helping you, quite the contrary. It's giving you the doubt. Only if you were wrong, go back and think about how it could have been done differently. FYI you do have the ability to control your thought process.

Over-protective about your car? Curb a wheel, then you'll be like "ah fuck it" and all that pressure to keep them perfect ... gone. Not saying you should fuck up your whole car but you get the point. IT'S A FRIGGING CAR. That is what it is - you must make yourself see this. Sounds like you put yourself on a pedestal by keeping it perfect and now feel the pressure from others to keep it that way. Well guess what - you can put the pedestal where you want it to be. Stop being directed by others!

And if none of that shit helps - a beer or two usually takes the edge off my thoughts. Nullifies my higher/intricate thinking process.
Edit: Observe my insightful posts in the drunk thread (more than 2 beers tho):

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
I trashsed

Fortunately my bimmer is 136 mi away

edit i miss my perofmrance Exha7st`
\
Quote:
Fuck

I'm trahed

War dat shet
$damn, I meant to say whjat the shit
Quote:
shit ... been trying o find this thread forever. iw as searching for 'druunk ' instead of 'drunk' or something ... anyways i found it.

edit; I cant' stand this keyboard.

Last edited by CJ421; 05-22-2012 at 11:16 PM..
Appreciate 0