05-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #16
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy View Post
I definitely don't have OCD tendencies. I'm not a perfectionist per se, but when it comes to things I "care" about (car, family, girl, etc) I want everything to be perfect otherwise I'm scared.

For instance, whenever I get my DP installed by the mechanic I start to worry and over analyze about what the mechanic could forget and in turn, I get nervous as hell that my car will be fucked up forever.

Same thing with a girl..I'll be texting her and in my head the convo went awry, but when my friends see it, they say everything is fine. To make matters worse is when I feel that the girl is indirectly ignoring me the next day after our convo, so I start to think, "Ok, I was right and my friends are wrong. This girl definitely got creeped out by me".

Get it?
The general conception of OCD, the "perfectionist" instance, is only one way in which the condition can present. There are many other ways in which it can affect a person, for example some people obsess over situations. These worry about what could happen sort of "worst case scenario" style and are stricken with anxiety as a result. That's what OCD is, an anxiety disorder.

For the record I'm not trying to diagnose you with anything and these cases are always assessed on a scale. The severity of the worry and anxiety usually define the diagnosis.

Grimlock- What is the one answer? BTW, your suspicions about human nature are supported by emperical evidence. It is called relative rates of reinforcement
Appreciate 0