View Single Post
      11-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #3
JustABreathAway
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 AW E90 M3

GhostRide, I own a 2010 M3 and a 2008 335i and would have to disagree with your assessment of the V8. I do concede that the M requires a better understanding of the engine and current/proper gear for desired acceleration. And a willingness to shift gears more frequently.
However, having put over 11K miles on my M3 since I bought it in April, I have found it to be brutally fast in every situation when directly compared to my 335. If I drive the 335 after several days, weeks, or a month of driving the M3, I wonder where all the power has gone. When I get back into the M, my mind has to noticeably speed up to get back up to speed with the sheer acceleration and handling abilities of the fast car.
I will say this, it took me 3 or 4 months of daily driving my M3 to fully understand how to ring out every ounce of performance from the M3 in all situations. In comparison, the 335 feels more accessible right out of the gate. I think this partly has to do with the loaded throttle tip-in of the 335. The first 10 to 15% of throttle travel of the tti delivers much more torque and power than the rest of the throttle travel, while the M3 is much more linear.
Appreciate 0