View Single Post
      11-27-2011, 02:42 AM   #123
M3ryder55
Major
Rep
Drives: 15' MW/SO

i agree, 2,000 dollars for a freakin x-pipe is a joke. get real with these prices

i dont mean to dis any brands, but what kind of engineering goes into an xpipe design... it's common sense for more surface area for your welds.. is that it?

this is engineering;

and an xpipe is something an illegal can make me in a few hours at their muffler shop.. of course these things are coming from taiwan. but how much does it cost to make one here in the US? Get a good gig, mass produce a bunch.. the most expensive one is your trail, "gig" built and once you get that right, it's easier to make the rest. Shouldn't cost more than 400-500 bucks US dollars to make a quality xpipe. So about 700 800 is reasonable for these things for "GOOD QUALITY" US metal. and if you think i'm throwing numbers out of my rear end this is my brothers metal shop;
www.kwiron.com
and even he will probably argue it's cheaper than that. fact is, as a business manufacturing parts for expensive cars, especially M cars, I know the crowd is going to be young douchebag spoiled college kids in their early 20's with mommy and daddy money to blow, or 30-40 year old cocks that don't know much about cars in general and will pay a insane amount or something so dumb. So as a business owner I will tax the crap out of my product because I know I can get it.
Appreciate 0