View Single Post
      09-18-2010, 12:32 AM   #108
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

I don't see anyone of the M3 owners saying the "M3 was not in manual mode otherwise it would have pulled even harder"??

There is far stronger and iron clad evidence of M3 running in automatic mode than the IS-F since tapping a paddle is barely noticeable by any camera that is not focused on the hands.

Tanner was braking torquing the hell out of the IS-F as was noticeable by tires even squealing even before the hands dropped. As far as I remember, Tanner was talking about picking the right gear to start from in rolling race. That does not seem automatic mode to me.

Guess how do I know M3 was running in automatic mode the entire time?? Well, Tracy was using the launch control system and the launch control can only be activated in automatic mode.

p.s. In Best Motoring, Tsuchiya San actually ran back to back in sedan and coupe. He lapped the sedan actually faster than the coupe. The performance difference is zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caymandiver75 View Post
Props to the M3 for winning, but it may have been more appropriate to have used an M3 sedan keeping it sedan vs sedan. Also the IS-F was NOT in sport manual mode which would have certainly made a difference in the outcome. It was close for what it was and im surprised the IS-F did as well considering. In any case it was an entertaining show and a win is a win so congrats.

- Lamborghini on turbocharging

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 09-18-2010 at 12:37 AM..
Appreciate 0