07-10-2011, 07:12 PM   #5
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vise View Post
I passed on my 2008 and will be doing the same on my 2011. For the amount they are asking you can easily pickup a full set of replacement rubber with $500 or so left over... heck I paid half that for my winter tires, why would you give them $2k+ as an insurance policy when you can use that money to actually buy new tires and/or wheels as you need them?
Actually, I beg to differ.

For my M3 I never got it, but for the 760Li different story

I went through 3 cracked rims because of potholes, couple of winter and summer tires.
Mind you they did give me some trouble but it was all sorted eventually as there was a change in warranty company between when I purchased the tyre warranty and later when claims were made.
I think with the 20" individual M rims and 18" Alloy wheels for winters, having gone through one tyre and rim replacement more then made up for the cost of the warranty.
However 2K does seem steep?
I paid that for my 5yr/96KM service inclusive plan on the M which covers all wear and tear items including the service inclusive parts, which I think would be a better insurance policy as it stays with the car and can enhance resale value!

So it all comes down to your driving style and whether you have to deal with toronto potholes!
Appreciate 0