Rep
Drives: 335xi (e92)

Garage List
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vioaltec View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorting View Post
and i dont know how one airlines can be so much better than another. they are basically all the same when you go international it just depends on how much your whiling to spend to get there
Spoken like a person who have never had the pleasure to fly with such a great airline. I guess only those whom are privileged are able to experience SIA's glory because it is usually 10% more expensive than any major airline.They are considered to be the worlds most awarded airline and they are one of the few 5 star airline of the world. SQ is an airline that is feared, emulated and envied by its competitors all around the world.
Yeah, really... Let's just say that we're going to take an 18-22hour flight in coach/economy/cattle-class (because we're masochists). Do you want to be "herded", offered a drink thrice (for like $9ea) and basically blown off? Do you want to stare at UA's finest?

The service may be better in biz or First/Envoy/etc, but those are the "most senior" flight attendants who've earned the smaller cabin.

Or, we can have the below on SQ or EK, be treated like gold and be actually "attended to". I once got on an SQ flight from DXB to SIN and I coughed. Not like hacking up a lung, I coughed a few times like I inhaled some dust or something. The flight attendant brought me a tray of juice, water and some hardtack candies and asked me if I felt fit to fly or if I'd like to see a doctor! I didn't even ask, nor say a word in those 30sec since I took my seat. I was floored... I was like, "umm... no thank you, but damn... thank you!" I mean, wow. Yeah, I was in Paris the day before, so just about anyone seemed empathic at that point. But, damn. They legitimately wanted to make me as comfortable as possible and truly felt like that was their job. On top of that, I was near the back on a trip-7 (i think). And I'm def not a Solitaire or anything...

You do get what you pay for. If you're only flying to Vegas a couple times a year... yeah, who cares - fly AirTran (used to be ValueJet, but then they killed all those ppl in the Everglades and thought a new name would help.) But, if you're wracking up a quarter to half a Million airmiles a year... you start to appreciate the service.

300k airmiles * 1/500mph * 1day/24hrs = 25days of actual FLYING TIME for me in 2010, roughly. I care how comfortable I am for nearly a month of my life per year. That's worth way more than a 10% premium, imho.

Now, AF isn't my favorite; however, always stay at the same hotel as those fine Air France stewardesses!!!
Appreciate 0