07-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #28
WULFFZA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i MSport / 2012 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto2315 View Post
You think corporate ever reads stuff like this?
I guarantee you the M Brand manager reads stuff like this. Remember, that he may want the same lunatic model like an E46 CSL that we want to see, and he could be standing on the table shouting for it. Unfortunately he does not have access to the checkbook of BMWNA, and the board decides what goes ahead.

The article makes good points, and the M brand is being diluted. That will open the door for another performance model line above M at some point like AMG started the black series line and the cycle continues.

I don't want to see a rant about accountants either as though they control the direction of company and the products that go ahead. The executives as a group are responsible for ensuring the increase in value of the company and the return for the investors. They have clearly succeeded in this. In Bob Lutz book he also called out accountants as being the reason for warmed over products no one would buy and causing the ultimate demise of the company. This assumes that the accountants made all the strategic decisions for the company, including signing union deals...

Last edited by WULFFZA; 07-10-2012 at 12:29 PM..
Appreciate 0