03-07-2011, 08:51 PM   #5
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiM3y View Post
I have been to NHMS 4 times in my M3 and once in a C32 AMG. It is a good track to learn about your car and its handling, and you don't get that fast compared to other places. Lucid is spot on. The bowl is awesome when you get the line right!

I think LRP makes you pucker more than NHMS, especially on the "fast line" through the uphill and west bend - worrying if your front end is set up correctly for when you load up after the top. You already know it is, but it still crosses my mind!

However, given a choice, I would go to NJMP everytime - Thunderbolt is made for the M3, but Lightning will make you a smoother, better driver. NJMP is in much better shape than NHMS, and you can stay in the pit area suites if on a two day event.

The first time I drove T/bolt and Lightning, I hated Lightning, now it is growing on me now I understand the line and placing the car. Lightning is a more rewarding course when driven well. The courses complement each other.
I have no idea what it means to pucker (afraid? scared?), but this is very helpful! You'll remember we met at Lightning - I wasn't terribly fond of the track. However, that was largely due to me having to nurse my brakes (I'm not going to use street pads anymore!) and struggling with turn-in due to my wonderfully worn front tires.

I think I will choose either T-bolt or NJMP based on how much time I can take off. I'll leave Lime Rock for when I am better prepared. And VIR for when I have 7-8 track days under my belt
Appreciate 0