08-19-2008, 12:01 AM   #116
ace996
NASA/PDA Instructor
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
After talking to a friend today who tracked his M3 this weekend, it seems pretty clear that the M3's stock brakes suffer significant fade. He stated that after only three hard laps, it got downright scary.

So my question is this, what would be the most economical way of solving this problem?
Fluid, pads, lines, ducting...in that order,IMHO. Yes, there are plenty of people who will come forth with the above realization in time...that's why you don't see any real race teams with the stock calipers.
For the street, the stock brakes are fine...and they are under maintenance/warrantee...which is cool, but for the track we will require some changes.

I plan on doing the lines/fluid/pads ASAP and then trying to fabricate someproper spindle ducts. If all that fails, then I'll need to go to better calipers.

Be good,
TomK

"Arcadian, I've fought countless times, yet I've never met an adversary who could offer me what we Spartans call "A Beautiful Death." I can only hope, with all the world's warriors gathered against us, there might be one down there who's up to the task."Μολὼν λαβέ!!
Appreciate 0