View Single Post
      12-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #110
m3an
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontrelli View Post
Well the way I see the picture ..the bottom of the diff has taken two direct hits here ..those are not going to be caused by pebbles like the OP claims..

my thoery based on what I see..maybe I am overestimating the severity of the impact but there are impacts directly to diff..so its not out of the universe to suggest road hazard here.

Attachment 793191
exactly the point, part of the heat sink fins appear to be cracked. Even if it's very minute, the whole point of my replies is not to be "pro-dealer" but to say that they have the final word. And there's visible damage here from a picture, so we don't need to go back and forth ad try and prove what damaged what, the point is that there is evidence somehting hit the underside. Hell even if it was a pebble, it's all the Ammo the dealer needs to say, "Sorry, Denied". Deal w/ it. They don't have to prove anything to you; YOU need to prove to them. And in this case, yes it sucks, yes it may not even be related or possible, but you have given them the ammo (any scrapes/bruises on the underside) for denying the repairs.
Appreciate 0