malter2.0
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: em-funf

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbb357 View Post
In regards to the M3 being as fast or faster than the Vette, could it be possible that the M3 is slightly under-rating? Now granted, even if and that's a big "if", the M3 is making as much hp as the Vette, it's still amazing that it is putting the same numbers as the Vette with 400lbs more to carry. In terms of skidpad, slalom, and braking, i guess it's safe to say that the M3 has better engineering when it comes to those performance attributes. I'm speculating, so don't take it the wrong way.
To my knowledge only one guy so far posted a dyno - in Saudi Arabia. He dynoed 375ish whp I think, but it was measured at the hub (you could see wheels were off), which should give you a value lower than crank, but higher than at the wheel. All M3s (from E36 and E46) typically have 15-20% loss..on average 18%. E36 200ish whp, E46 270ish whp.

Looking at the hub value take....375/414=~ 10% loss at the hub, which makes sense. Judging by this, new M3 is right around 414, unlike, say 335i which dyno higher stock and are probably underrated.
Appreciate 0