View Single Post
      02-03-2012, 05:07 AM   #5
DylanMckay
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKM3 View Post
I've driven all 3 and between my 911s and my m3 it's really hard to tell which is the faster car. My m3 feels faster because of the shorter gearing and more responsive throttle but when I ran em against eachother the Porsche pulls pretty easily at higher speeds. They gave me a standard 911 as a loaner when I serviced my car and that felt a lot slower to me than my m3. The gt3 on the other hand actually feels a lot faster and more powerful because it is.
Well shorter gearing does feels more powerful because it is! It puts more torque to the wheels which essentially is power to the ground so that makes sense. Shorter gearing means the power is sustained for a less period of time if you compare all else being equal, however thanks that was good to know from someone who has actually driven them.

I would love to see a 30-130 roll between this lineup. I like this comparo because all the engines are pretty similar specs but achieve the specs by an extremely different configuration. This 30-130 pull would really illustrate which ones AUC was superior rather than just peak numbers.
Appreciate 0