07-28-2011, 11:24 AM   #39
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheherazade View Post
I suspect it may have to do with :
No car in the world more similar to the m3 than the 335.
No car in the world more similar to the 335 than the m3.

The whole m3 vs 335 argument is an exercise in splitting some really long hairs.

Each has a few things it does a little better than the other.
M3 will be a little more entertaining.
335 will be more forgiving when you're stuck in traffic or going on a road trip.

M3 also has the "woot I have an M3" aspect, that the 335 doesn't come with. As is with anything that can double as a status symbol.

-scheherazade
I could probably argue until the end of the day, but what I was hoping for is the outcome that if you're going for the 335"is" - a sports version of the 335i, the only reason not to upgrade to an M3 should be for financial limitations, otherwise only a fool would subscribe/pay the premium ofa 'sports' model of the 335i and not purchase the pinnacle of the sports of the 3 series line the M3. If a sporty car is your goal, of the two the M3 is winner.

Also, I think you are over generalizing the M3 and 335i, to a naive person they may appear very similar, but they are very different, different interior, engines, transimission, bodys and so on. While the outcome or final numbers might be close, how they attain them are VERY different.
Appreciate 0