09-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #57
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Different Ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@Bimmersport Automotive View Post
Flipm3 posted that graph on another board...which was from the same dyno, with the 2 cars your asking about.

Good thread with some good info. Although a lot of posts with people just jumping the gun...I agree, a showdown between the 2 cars will be good. So how do we validate that the cars are completely off the shelf?
I don't think it matters if the kits are off the shelf to be honest. Any of the VT625 we installed will match up well against ANY of the other systems.

Quote:
Have driven both set ups...and being a dealer for both, they are not entirely the same and both have different but strong points.
Me too, please elaborate.

Quote:
erm324, having owned vortech s/c'd BMW and HKS BMW's the midrange part throttle point is nothing to be looked over. I definitely love my E46 M3 HKS charged around the city and for having some fun spirited driving...although I don't track it being a cabrio. Our ESS 650 E60 M5 is also amazing and can be very intimidating although I wish there was some more midrange, part throttle boost available...however, the S85 is no torque monster (neither is my S54). Racing you have a valid point, but who spends all day above 5k? Going back to my statement of both kits having its advantages and disadvantages.
I get what you are trying to say but its irrelevant unless you compare these blowers on the same platform. You just compared a Inline 6 motor and a V10 motor. The blowers are going to behave completely different, we both know that.

Good job to both companies and keep up the good work! I just can't wait to see built motors left right and center on these boards......and all this V8 FI talk is making me hunt on Autotrader all day long.[/QUOTE]

replying to your text now
Appreciate 0