footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
I know exactly why you used the text, and that's the part that made you look like a jerk. You're damn right I'm serious, and I'm doubting you've even spent any time in a newer Mustang to even draw a conclusion.

I don't expect the car to be as fast around the Ring as the 911. It's less than half the cost. The point is, the live axle isn't nearly as big a deal as a lot of people like to make it out to be, and can be very capable on a track. It actually works VERY well for what a lot of the Mustang fan base uses it for, which is drag racing, and has recieved favorable reviews from just about every magazine that's tested it.

A person looking for performance in a nice package for under $30k can't do much better than a Mustang. It'll certainly out do the other cars in that class in just about any performance measure you'd like to use, on a track or on the street.
I must admit my experience of the Mustang is limited to hiring one for two week while on holidays. But my past experience with live axle cars is more than you might think, probably more than most and that includes racing experience. That is why I said track time it's grand but on the road it's less so.

Sure it gives you a lot of straight line performance but lets not get carried away thinking it's something it ain't, it's an old fashioned muscle car with it's roots firmly in the sixties/seventies.
Appreciate 0