2005 X3  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
2006 325  [0.00]
2006 325  [0.00]
Happy Birthday to the King

Happy Birthday !
Jan 8th 1935

TUPELO, MISS. -- Elvis Presley, who would later become known as the "King of Rock 'n' Roll," was born in Tupelo, Miss. to Vernon Elvis Presley and Gladys Love Smith. Sadly, his twin brother, Jessie, was a stillborn.
Presley began his career as a child, singing hymns and gospel tunes in church and at state fairs. At age 18, he walked into a Memphis studio and was paid $4 to record 'My Happiness' and 'That's When Your Heartaches Begin' as a present for his mother. The owner of the studio, Sam Phillips, recognized the teenager's talent and helped him score a record deal. Presley was an almost immediate success, bringing to the music industry a new sound, infusing rock 'n' roll with country music, R&B and gospel

He quickly became an international sensation, as well as an international controversy. Elvis' hip-shaking moves and sometimes rebellious lyrics made youngsters swoon but their parents cringe. He also took that sexy persona to the big screen, starring in 33 films. "The King," as he was called, enjoyed steady chart success from the mid '50s through the mid '70s, selling more than a billion records to date. On August 16, 1977, Elvis died of cardiac arrhythmia -- a form of heart attack -- inside his Graceland mansion. He goes down in history as one of the most important figures of popular culture. He would have celebrated his 71st birthday today.

Appreciate 0