View Single Post
      10-28-2011, 07:27 AM   #39
amglol
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by username11 View Post
Funny you mention Hertz. A few years ago I had a Mustang from Hertz for a few months. It was a white 2009 I believe, base model. You would not believe the amount of attention I'd get. People would come over and ask to take a picture with it. This happened daily, at convenience stores, rest stops, gas stations, outside of restaurants, you name it. As far as the general public appears to be concerned, the M3 might as well be a Camry compared to a Mustang, let alone a GT. I'd also argue a GT turns a good bit more heads than a 911. It's a much louder (in a parking lot), attention getting, look-at-me car than either a 911 or a M3.
if you had people wanting to take pictures with a mustang daily, you need to move out of the boonies... i'm not even going to address the ridiculousness of the 911 comment...

i had a mustang gt for over a year before selling it and buying the m3, and i had maybe three or four people even look twice at it, and those time were because of the red leather interior that made it stick out.

BMW, regardless of the model, garners more attention than a Mustang.