05-21-2011, 02:25 AM   #10
Lagunae92
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M3 Laguna Seca Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
What exactly was your problem? Road noise or just the creaking? And where exactly was the creaking coming from? Only vent I know of is inside the trunk. Thx.
I would get creaking over uneven surfaces and on turns, any time there was any torsional stress on the car. Also, it seems that the rear vent (located behind the parcel shelf right below the rear window) makes a popping noise with temperature change. Many people complain of the cold causing rattle; for me it is the direct sun warmth. Anytime it would sit in the sun, the whole back of the car interior seemed to come alive with creaking, popping, and rattling. Lots of plastic on plastic that would expand with the heat and produce a shuffling noise. I want it to sound vault-like, and when I removed the interior trim, it was. Putting it back, I made sure all surfaces were felted that would contact other plastic or metal surfaces.
Mods: |Electronic Performance Steering Wheel|ZCP CF Spoiler|ZCP CF Spliters|ZCP CF Mirrors|Edition Front Grilles|Edition Side Grilles|BMW Performance Brake Handle|3D Design Pedals| Style Rumore Exhaust|H&R Springs|LCI Tails|Challenge CF Door Panels|

Last edited by Lagunae92; 05-21-2011 at 02:34 AM..
Appreciate 0