07-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #8
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Well yes, PSS are not track tires. I didn't know you had that much power... You need RS3s at the minimum man, if not TDs! PSS are great for a DD tire, but not to track with 600hp on a hot day!

I didn't know you had that much power. damn. that much be killer at big willow for T8 and the straight.

I always run my RS3s ~36-38 hot. usually drop the driver side about 2-3 psi lower (so like 26-28 cold depending on the temps that day) than the passenger side due to T8. I miss big willow....

Depending on my mood, I turn DSC off, so I wouldn't know about those lights going off. I can't imagine having 600hp and not making DSC go crazy lol.

ABS only gave me an issue at ACS after I had installed my Stoptech Trophy BBK with Endless MX20 pads. I wasn't used to the bite and kept causing ABS to kick in. took me a little bit to get used to it. I miss those pads... they were loud, but they stopped so well.

My fastest time in my e93 was only 1:36. All my friends who were around mid to high 30s are all now in the low 30s. I have fallen behind :/

I did a 1:51 in a friend's stock 528i with runflats! lol. that was one extremely comfortable track day
"only" a 1:36?? you my friend probably have the track record for a convertible M3!

Yeah I'm looking at some 18" apex ec-7's with either rs3's or nitto nt-01's. I've already bent/replaced my stock ZCP wheels and then nicked/gauged the crap out of them from track abuse so for many reasons track wheels/tires are a must.

Good luck out there and hopefully we get some clouds for you guys that weekend.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0