Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [0.00]
2012 E92 M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3  [9.00]
Giccy Gic - Jordan's reponse to all of this, quoted below, should be your foreword. Every time I read it, I am shocked. I'll highlight my favorite parts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt View Post
it's clear that a few members are simply looking to pressure us for no real reasons
No, we're trying to make an informed purchasing decision with honest information. That's what customers do.

Quote:
There's a reason why every other company doesn't show documentation of this and that’s because the companies who do test keep it confidential so that others do not have access to it for their own use as Matt mentioned.
So, what's the legitimate reason? MORR posted theirs. You can get one off the internet. This is part of an informed decision. If you want customers, and more importantly if you want to keep the ones you have, you'll inform them.

Quote:
This information is for our own use, our dealers use and our customers safety – not to prove our legitimacy on the internet.
Ironic. Isn't legitimacy on the internet exactly why you're on this forum, and what you're fighting for in this thread? I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing most of your business came from the internet and forums like this one. And, if you want to prove safety to customers, then you should provide the necessary information. At this point, no one is going to take your word that your product is safe, just because you said so...

Quote:
This information is for our own use and not to be advertised publicly.
Again, not taking your word. I have a lot more faith in a company that provides full disclosure, such as MORR. And, as has been established, other vendors on this forum are willing to share their information, because they know tweakers like us want to know.

Quote:
We have official TUV certification on some styles / applications as the process is very specific to the exact application.
How are we supposed to know what styles? Should we call and ask about each rim in each size until we get a yes or no? Makes it hard to shop. It's also not consistent with what Matt originally stated, a statement which I don't believe they have yet tried to correct?

Quote:
Should any of you wish to see this information you're welcome to come visit us personally in LA or Miami where we'd be happy to show you any and all information you'd like in person as well as answer any questions you may have.
A nice offer, but not at all feasible. I live nowhere near either of these shops, nor should I need to go well out of my way, at my expense, to conduct fact-finding that is otherwise available from other dealers over the internet.

Here is Jordan's response in full from earlier in the thread for everyone's reference:

Quote:
From Jordan on the matter,

"After reading some of these responses it's clear that a few members are simply looking to pressure us for no real reasons. Test data and documentation is available to our dealers only and in some cases available to our customers under some circumstances. Wheel companies often times do not test their wheels, we do and we keep this information to ourselves. There's a reason why every other company doesn't show documentation of this and that’s because the companies who do test keep it confidential so that others do not have access to it for their own use as Matt mentioned.

This information is for our own use, our dealers use and our customers safety – not to prove our legitimacy on the internet. Should any of you wish to see this information you're welcome to come visit us personally in LA or Miami where we'd be happy to show you any and all information you'd like in person as well as answer any questions you may have. We have official TUV certification on some styles / applications as the process is very specific to the exact application. Not all styles are TUV approved, only some and only for some vehicles. All of our wheels are independently tested in the US for load rating, lateral forces, and a barrage of other necessary criteria's required for safe use on public roads. This information is for our own use and not to be advertised publicly."
Appreciate 0