View Single Post
      12-20-2011, 12:32 PM   #360
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Exactly, the Bears have the least depth at the most important position on the field. The guy who touches the ball more than any player on the field. But shitty player evaluation is nothing new for the Bears...should I start rattling off failed free agents and draft picks?

Overall, last year especially, and for the first part of the season, I think the Bears exceeded playing expectations in a lot of ways. I have somewhat changed my mindset on Lovie and the coaching staff (minus Martz), I used to think they were a major problem, and despite angering mistakes (retarded challenges, 1st and 3rd quarter timeouts) I gotta put the majority of this blame on Angelo. Sure, he's responsible for a few good players, Briggs, Hester, Tillman, Forte (can't remember if he was there for Urlacher's draft) and trades/free agents like Cutler and Peppers. But the list of failed players and lack of depth greatly outweighs these successes.

Additionally, the Bears seem to have nearly no fucking clue how to draft, trade, and run offensive players. Their franchise quarterback was a proven commodity in Denver already. Forte has turned out to exceed expectations, but I can't name a receiver in recent years that would start on a good offense like the Packers or Saints or Patriots. The defense is getting older, their window is closing. Cutler has been injured bad enough to keep him from playing 3 times (concussion, ankle, thumb) in less than 2 seasons. A radio show likes to refer to NBA teams who are consistently low seeds in playoffs as being in "NBA hell" - not bad enough to get good picks or to catalyze sweeping organizational change but not good enough to win anything, and to me the Bears are looking more and more like an "NFL hell" type team

Anyway, it's not good for me to think about it. Almost time to go to my Omer avatar for Bulls season...my first true Chicago sports love...

Last edited by BTM; 12-20-2011 at 12:38 PM..
Appreciate 0