Gfunk720
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3- AW

Garage List
2008 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerwyll@trinityautosport View Post
usually up front with a 19" that wide with a 265 or 275 width tire, the sidewall size is 30.
Ok, good to know. The person I bought these from is also a vendor on these forums, and claimed they weren't rubbing at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PO View Post
Yep, sidewall is too tall. 265/30 or 255/35.

edit: Even then, my 255/35 rub a tiny bit on the fender liners. As soon as the tires wear down a bit, it stops.
I might have to step down to a 255 then up front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4corners View Post
Try removing the front spacers. The tire/wheel will swing out less. And remove the rear spacers as well. Why go square if you're going to undo it with spacers.
That doesn't really make sense. They are rubbing on the inside, so bringing them closer to the fender liner wont help.

Part of the purpose of my going square is to be able to rotate front to back. Spacers give it a good look, and a little extra track width.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
Spacers won't solve the rubbing problem in the front if you are rubbing on the liner when turning. As stated above, your problem is due to the overall diameter of the front tire.
So everyone is pretty certain that it is contacting the upper inside fender liner? I just wanted to make sure it wasn't hitting anything serious.

So putting springs on will likely only make the problem worse...

Last edited by Gfunk720; 01-07-2013 at 02:34 PM..
Appreciate 0