View Single Post
      11-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #30
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycd View Post
I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger and remove that exhaust already, it looks so good and sounds so good from the outside.

Would a tune or X-pipe reduce the low end drone? Anyone did this and noticed any change?

Also I seem to be noticing a bit of loss of low end torque at around 1500-2k rpm. Am I imagining things? Is this something a tune like the ESS tune could fix?
An x-pipe will undoubtedly make it worse.

As for the power or torque loss, you are imagining it. An axleback alone will not have a noticeable effect on power detectable via but dyno.

I have had ten different exhaust setups in 14 months and I want to try the Eisenmann Race but I can't stand the ugly canisters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycd View Post
From what I'm reading mine seems louder than others as well, but I don't have anyone to compare against in person.

Did you reuse the stock connecting pipes or bought eisenmann's? Wondering if it could make a difference.
The connecting pipes will make no difference. The only difference between the OEM ones and Eisenmann as far as sound and performance are concerned is that the Eisenmann ones are shiny.