View Single Post
      01-19-2014, 12:09 PM   #162
BlackJackel
Private
Rep
Drives: Black X1 35i, Dinan stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by valen View Post
So we're either douche bags or racers. Sweet! I guess I'm a douche bag since I haven't tracked yet.
I have done both. So...I am a D-Bag Racer

Lol, I love a good "Mash up". That's what this is. Does he realize what a 2 second 0-60 is?? My 200+ hp Hayabusa motorcycle vs that M3, a Nissan GT-R isn't even 2 seconds faster than that M3. 2 seconds in the quarter mile is a massacre. 2 seconds 0-60 isn't even a comparison, he may as well race a bicycle against it.

Also, a 78,000 mile, 11 year old M3 will cost more a year to maintain and repair (plus be less reliable as a daily driver) than the Ford will to BUY and maintain and repair! No contest! For someone who doesn't want to spend serious money AFTER the purchase the Ford wins as a fun car hands down. But "feels faster"?? It won't feel faster when you see that M3 blast around you in the passing lane like you were going a steady 55 and he doesn't even know you were WOT!

Sorry, but serious enthusiasts care more that it IS faster than that it FEELS faster. My buddy's Harley Davidson does feel faster than my Hayabusa, but there is no comparison in performance.
Just like between an M3 and a FiestaST.
Appreciate 0