05-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #38
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflywheel View Post
Thanks for all the feedback! Very helpful community here

It's cool that there are lots of good parts choices but I ended up pulling the trigger on an MPE from a member here. It's pricey for a muffler but it seems to nail the subtle symphony of sound I'm looking for. And at some point I hope to recoup some of the cost either when I sell the car or sell the exhaust after this "last performance mod" wears thin on me and I want more perf and/or sound. Will post back once I get it on the car.

Cheers!
Congrats on the new purchase.

To everyone else (and OP maybe), my best advice is to know before hand if you are going to play around with the primaries before you make your choice. If you know you are going to get test pipes, I'd suggest getting those first before the exhaust.

I had the ACM mod and it sounded fantastic. Added test pipes and it ended up being way too loud. By adding test pipes first, you can gauge for yourself how much volume is added.

Other suggestion is don't be scared to PM members here with questions. I learned a ton by just asking people for advice, since like the OP said, some members go through 4-5 (or 28 like one member did) exhausts.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0