08-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #6
Sleeper519
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyav8tor View Post
I appreciate the feedback but the late turn in compromise thing doesn't make me faster with this M3. We tried a few different techniques going through there and this line seems to be the best and I gather you noticed that it is much different than the HPDE taught line. Looks a little too early but it works!

I looked at the data from the session before the Trackmaster crapped out and I'm entering the climbing Esses at around 125 mph and climb up it at around 115 mph until around 8 and 9 where I drop briefly below 110mph to 108 before going back up to 110 mph between 9 and 10 just before the hitting the brakes for turn 10. Now this is the 3rd solo session, I was even more agressive on the 4th session. Wish I had the data to look at. Damn android app.
I agree completely. I used to heavily compromise 4 but I still couldn't go thru 5/5A full throttle even with optimal line. You end up giving up time for position in 4 but can't take advantage of it in 5. I gained time just by turning in earlier and carrying a tad more speed thru 4.

Are you breathing off at all entering the esses or are you flat out?

2:13?! Johnny, you are a madman!! You're upping the ante on me now, I won't get back up there until end of Oct. with Chin.

Nice job!

2008 M3 Coupe / DCT // StopTech BBK 380/355 / Pagid RS29 / Motul / Apex Arc-8 / BFG R1S / Ground Control / MS filter / Performance spoiler / BPM tune // Road Atlanta 1:39.70 / VIR Full 2:10.87 / Barber 1:42.20
Appreciate 0