View Single Post
      10-14-2017, 05:10 PM   #14
DreamTime
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
I have never seen a set of powdercoated 220s that I liked. They're a nice understated wheel and look good with the OEM machined face.

Why not go for a set of 219/260 and powdercoat those? Tires are also cheaper.

BTW here's a whole thread full of photos of painted/powdercoated 220 wheels. It just confirms my dislike of them in black.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=430341
Thank you so much for the link to that thread, that is exactly what I was looking for - I was right about to start scouring the internet for pics of 220 wheels that had been powder coated. Honestly though, most of those don't look too bad IMO... some are questionable though, at best. I am hopelessly indecisive when it comes to car decisions

219/260s, are those 18s? I am stuck on my 19s... I learned quick that there are waayyyy more tire options (plus better prices) with 18s, but I have my preferences for looks... I'm not trying to be difficult, I swear lol. One day, when I am to the point where shaving seconds off my lap time is important to me I will go for 18s for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
No prob, but like dparm said, there are more resources in that link
That last pic of your car though, oh my. That blue is just beautiful. It's amazing how much of a difference lighting makes in pictures.
Appreciate 0