View Single Post
      10-11-2017, 09:19 PM   #1
DreamTime
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Powder coating stock wheels, yay or nay?

Sooo, I’m going wheel shopping again. Because I absolutely cannot help myself lol. I have my anthracite Arc-8s that I want to use for the track, but I have been looking around for something different for the street. My plan is to sell my oem wheels and put that money towards something new, but one of my friends suggested that I powder coat my stock wheels in the color I want. Not sure how I feel about this. I am worried about 2 things.

1. The powder coated wheels won’t come out how I envision, then I’ll be stuck with cheesy looking rims.
2. That powder coated BMW wheels will have less resale value than if they were just left alone, and they might be harder to sell… don’t know for sure I guess.

To put it in perspective, this is the direction I was heading as far as color/style choice:

Name:  bronze 1.png
Views: 11382
Size:  1.15 MB Name:  bronze 2.png
Views: 8378
Size:  857.7 KB Name:  bronze 3.png
Views: 7495
Size:  806.6 KB

Oh, and these are the stock wheels I have, just need to get the old tires off of them:

Name:  stock wheels.JPG
Views: 8602
Size:  237.4 KB

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance!

Sidenote - really want that brake kit shown in the pics too, so that shows the eventual total color scheme I have in mind… I should probably wait though, as I just spent a bunch of $$ on suspension and engine parts to install over the next couple months and my brakes are just fine… I guess I better get my project list started for next year
Appreciate 0