01-11-2008, 11:28 AM   #25
aerisolphaln
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 G35 coupe 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD330i View Post
I could not agree more with this statement. Love the M3 to death but when you are getting into Porsche territory it will make the decision harder. I will throw out a controversial topic. Why not kill the military probgram on all "M" cars. Seriously why does the military need a discount on a $50,000+ sport car and if you are in the military and can afford this car at a discount then you can afford to pay what the "general public" pays. Euro delivery discounts are not available to us. I believe if you do that and "soften" the MSRP selling price then we will have the price we want. In my scenario the car does not get discounted to much and there is a flatter profit margin in the US. Even at the end of the E46 production cycle the best that most people could get off of MSRP was $1,500 - $2,000. What if BMW loosens its position on selling cars off MSRP? That certainly opens up a whole new realm of actual "MSRP".

There is no doubt about it that this whole pricing thing is getting ridiculous and if they don't announce pricing on Monday it will suck.

I totally agree about the military pricing. Get rid of it. Some yay-hoo out shooting Muslims or on a ship somewhere shouldn't cause my car to cost me more (ie some type of deal between US military and BMW where ultimately tax payer money gets used to pay for armed forces cars).

06/2008: M3, 335+Dinan, or ...
Appreciate 0