09-18-2010, 12:22 AM   #107
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by caymandiver75 View Post
So after more thought and having watched this episode twice more I have come to the following conclusion. I do believe Paul Tracy was giving
it 100% with his comments and the way he was pushing the car as opposed to Tanner who appeared to just be giving it 95% with his lackluster comments and the way he was not pushing the car in manual mode as it should have been.

1/2 Mile Sprint
- It's apparent the IS-F was not being pushed 100% or more here. At the start of this event, the camera is in the IS-F and you can see the car shifting automatically and NOT in manual mode where it should have been. There is no reason the IS-F should have lost this event and the win should have gone to the IS-F with the extra torque. For those of you not familiar with the IS-F's transmission, only when the car is in manual sport mode does the transmission lock up the torque converter allowing much faster shifts and higher shift points which typically result in 3/10's improvement in the quarter mile.

In a nutshell it should have been 2 to 2, but would give the edge to the M3 for these specific events.
So Tracey was pushing hard because he's obnoxius? And Tanner wasn't pushing it hard... but did cheated TWICE to try to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caymandiver75 View Post
Props to the M3 for winning, but it may have been more appropriate to have used an M3 sedan keeping it sedan vs sedan. Also the IS-F was NOT in sport manual mode which would have certainly made a difference in the outcome. It was close for what it was and im surprised the IS-F did as well considering. In any case it was an entertaining show and a win is a win so congrats.
The sedan is just as fast as the Coupe.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0