View Single Post
      11-29-2011, 03:56 AM   #128
M3ryder55
Major
Rep
Drives: 15' MW/SO

it was a typo with the jig

maybe i was a little to harsh with some comments. but bending pipes to look like the stock pipes is not engineering. its craftsmanship. and yes im not saying im digging these replica xpipes but no xpipe should sell for more than a grand and thats with good quality material.. give or take around that range. sorry just the way i feel about it . thats why im waiting for a good quality xpipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor251 View Post
Im not trying to start anything but the simple fact that you call an "assembly jig" a "gig" leads me to believe you have no idea what you are talking about. I would tell you to slow down and take a closer look at the product but you wouldn't understand the time and craftsmanship that goes into them. The expensive X-pipes are made of very high quality materials with excellent fit and finish. Do you have any idea how long it takes to prep the tubing just to tig weld it? Or fabricate and tig together all of the hanger brackets? I for one do and I can say without question the expensive exhausts justify the price. I come from an extensive background that consists of off-road race car fabrication and LOTS of racing. I know exactly what's involved in the fabrication process and think its totally with in reason. So those of you out there diss'n the high end exhausts saying they are over priced you couldnt be more wrong.

With that said did I buy an expensive x pipe? NO! I personally didnt see a reason for it. I bought a used RPI system an cut it up to my likings and am very happy with the price I paid and what I got.

I just get upset when people come on here and say the high end exhaust companies are ripping people off because is an "M" To me that is downright ignorance. Unless you have actually bent up some tubes and spent some real time behind a welder you probably should keep your mouth shut.

Akra, Gintani, Dinan, Fabspeed... FTW
Appreciate 0