02-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #61
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 m3 + r8 v10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
OK we're cool. I'm not trying to be a person saying the GTR can destroy anything in any situation because it can't. The M6 is an extremely fast car, especially high up. My problem is that the video showed an M6 pulling down low. That wouldn't happen if both cars were in good working order, in stock form, and being driven equally aggressively.
This video would make sense to me if it were the stock 485 HP version of the GTR from 09-11 but it doesn't if its the 2012 to 2014 revs. The newer GTRs are a lot faster in stock form.
I will admit I have a particular dislike of the M6 because I owned a 2006 M6 for a year and was the single worst car I have ever owned by a substantial margin. And I have owned an X6M, which uses basically the same engine as the current M5/6. I liked the SUV but wasn't overly impressed with the engine.
Hey I hear you. I too am not a fan of the m6 or any other current bmw, besides the m3. I used to only drive bimmers and never imagined leaving the brand but weight and turbo charging every single car they make became a big problem for me.
Appreciate 0