Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 M  [10.00]
2020 BMW X5M Compet ...  [0.00]
2008 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
I dropped my DCT M3 off at the dealer this morning for the 1200 mile service and I had to convince the service advisor not to change the transmission fluid. They would have changed it if I hadn't said anything to them.

I'm not sure I totally convinced them that it shouldn't be changed on any DCT car, however I'm sure they won't change it on my car.

The SA wrote a big note on my service paperwork and even highlighted the paragraph where it said not to change the transmission fluid.

It's dissapointing that the word isn't getting out regarding this important information. It seems BMW needs a better method to get the word out to the dealerships.
I was just at the dealer, and I asked about your car being in for service. The SA confirmed that they would have changed the tranny fluid if you didn't warn them ahead of time. Very messed up that the Service Department isn't aware of this yet. Yours is probably the first DCT that they serviced.