04-07-2011, 02:54 AM   #1
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Just built a new gaming rig

Been over 5 years since I built my previous machine, and with some good looking games coming out soon (along with many I've missed) I decided to put together a new machine. Running Windows 7 64 bit.

Antec 1200 V3 Case
ASUS Mobo
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600
Sapphire Radeon HD 6970 2GB
Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB 7200
CORSAIR HX Series 850W PSU

I went with AMD because I've always been a fan of them, and it was 100% reliable in my previous machine. I also love ASUS mobos, again - that's what I had before and it never let me down.

I switched from Nvidia to ATI for two reasons: I liked the benchmarks on the 6970 and it has mini displayport. I was pretty much sold when I saw that option because now I can run it directly through my 27" iMac and have a really clean setup. I may end up getting another 6970 and run in CrossfireX, which should keep me satisfied for awhile.

Anyways, just thought I'd share. I've been catching up on some older games, specifically Bioshock so I can finally get to Bioshock 2 (I know that's not really pushing it, but Bioshock still looks great, and I really want to play the sequel). I also got Just Cause 2 which is fun as hell...and the graphics are incredible. Only other new game I got was Borderlands, which is a pretty cool RPG infused FPS, and looks great as well. My waiting list includes Far Cry 2, Crysis and Crysis 2, but I'm not sold on them yet. I may just get Crysis 2 just to push it, but in the mean time I am waiting for Rage and Skyrim. I may also pick up the ESIV Oblivion Deluxe pack on Steam to hold me over until Skyrim.