View Single Post
      08-21-2016, 09:11 AM   #441
Rajmun340
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP factory order

reviving this thread in 2016.

re-reading the presentation of the GTS, it is peppered with fluff terms like "exclusively tuned" , or "truly exclusive" , "truly discerning". Something is either exclusive or it's not , it's either discerning or it's not, why the 'truly' ? this is sleeze ball language, as if saying : we are usually liars but here we make an extra effort. This is the worst language i have ever seen to present a car.

That's not the reason i am reviving this thread. Regarding the 4.4 L stroker engine in the GTS, the presentation says it has the same crankcase as the non GTS M3. It makes no mention whatsoever of a different crankshaft either. Given how they try to boast all its equipment for all its worth they would certainly have mentioned a different cranckshaft if it had one or engine internals, no ? At the end is that engine just a simple cylinder stroke that has been extended from 75,2 to 82 mm. Of course they re-tuned that engine maps. but if this presentation is to be believed this is just a stock engine with a different bore. I am talking exclusively about the engine here, not all the other incremental improvements around the car (suspensions, roll cage, etc..).
Appreciate 0