View Single Post
      06-15-2011, 02:44 PM   #98
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Last year it was oh no deflation! Now it's impending hyperinflation! How about, it's been a (somewhat volatile) year and a half of economic stagnation...because that's what it has been. You can list however many economic commentators as you want, I can list just as many who disagree. I'll be happy to eat my words if there is an American revolution within 5yrs. I have a pretty strong feeling I won't have to. I am assuming you're using this number more or less based on the 2014 deadline put forth by John Williams, a man who's made a career out of forecasting apocalyptic economic outcomes for a while now.

Too bad we've had bubbles before, with paper money, and survived them all just fine. Consumer inflation has not rapidly increased as you (and Williams) are predicting it will. If you wanna look at a country who's had prolonged deficit without inflation, take a look at Japan, who's demographic make-up is not all that far removed from the US. While growing in aggregation, M3 as a rate is falling annually. The dollar's short term reserve status is hardly as precarious as you say

Seriously, can you share with us where you get your financial info/news from and which analysts you follow?