View Single Post
      10-16-2008, 12:48 PM   #19
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP LCI II

Guys,

I just got an update for the new gearbox as well. However, I am in a little phobia cause my dealership changed the oil for my transmission. I declined to collect the car when I found out and made a complain to BMW Asia. They sent someone down and accessed that the gearbox is fine as the gearbox oil did not get up to temp to cause any damage. They checked everything and flushed the system twice. I have no problems this far but I am keeping my fingers crossed. I have been driving the car very hard and it performs seamlessly everytime with no issues at all. I just love how this thing dont lag anymore.

However, I just want to check with those who got the new software, that in Auto mode, when you are slowing down say from high gears down to either 3rd or 2nd gear and suddenly accelerate, there is some hesitation before the gear is completely engaged and have a clunk sound like when you are slowing down to 1st gear. Just want to confirm this to put my mind at ease. Those who havent get the new software, get it. Its great. i would only expect it to get better as time passes by when they release improvments to the software.

Thanks in advance guys.

2018 F80 LCI II ZCP ///M3 Mineral White M-DCT| Sakhir Orange Interior| |M Performance Exhaust|
Appreciate 0