View Single Post
      03-08-2014, 04:51 PM   #20
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
About the 2 year waranty.. here they call it the factory waranty !
Example....last month i bought a new Mini for my wife,same thing...2 years !
Not agreed about the price topic of the MPE and i said this before ,i realy don't care about the price , when i want something that i realy like well than i will buy it, prove is ...do you know the price in Euro's of a /// M3 E92 DCT,EDC ect. here in Belgium and the yearly and first time in traffic taxes of it ?
Actualy i buy each year the MPE it's the price of the "yearly" driver taxes in this damn country ,and the first time in traffic taxes = MPE X 4 !
First year was first time in traffic tax+yearly driver tax on one paper ... it was a nice number !
When you know the numbers... well than you know also the anser !
Now about exhaust sound for me personal ...in order !
1-Megan with MS test pipe is the winner ,but not possible here because of the yearly car inspection...damn i would fail !
2-My Oem. exhaust mod .(The cow )
3-AE
4-MPE for the design of it,i realy like the 4 lasered ///M logos on the exhaust tips ,the sound is to hollow for me and maybe it will crack !
Conclusion..
To drive a car like this in this damn country ...first make sure that your wallet is "very" big , and in town where i live there is only one ///M3 and it's mine ......and think this explains everything ...
But i'm curious to hear what you think about this...
Wow i can imagine how that feels, those taxes are extortion ! You deserve praise for owning an M3 in such adverse tax regulations. Not a country that makes it easy on you to own a sports car for sure but at least Belgium has great food traditions not to mention beer and chocolate

About your ranking of exhaust sounds, really ?? I've heard 4 M3 with MPE running at the same time on a track and it was epic (also as a passenger). It's not perfect but is 4X better to me than anything else. I agree it sounds a bit hollow, it's not perfect. Your custom mod sound goes in the completely opposite direction. Even the OEM exhaust is closer to MPE than your sound. So I would prefer OEM to your mod. My guess is you've trained your ear to like that lazy sounding low note sound you got. It makes the car sound like a cheaper car in my ear. Check out this horrendous civic exh sound. Don't you think you've made a step in that direction with your mod ? That's exactly my feeling. It's important to me the sound stays classy and recognizable high end DOHC V8 sound. Not some lazy and congested sounding like your mod. I like the stock OEM sound better than your mod.
Appreciate 0