View Single Post
      01-16-2009, 09:09 AM   #28
Advskier
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbo73 View Post
Well I purposely *leased* my M because I know it's a temporary car for me. Why not understand? I explained. And some people prefer the Cayman over the M3 and some the M3 over Cayman, etc.! Each have their own pluses and minuses, like all cars do. They are just totally different to me, and I don't compare them because they are in a similar price range. In fact that's the wrong way to go about it IMO. Just too different cars to do that.

Your points about the M may not mean much to many. I can also say that the Cayman has a better manual transmission, better PDK, better brakes, better steering feel, better clutch, etc. It's more of a pure driver's car. And the sound system is pretty damn good. It's a sports car....So yeah, just different cars. I know what the M has, and it's why I got it instead of an RS4, C63, etc. But I can never compare it to a Cayman as I said. Different class cars.
Anytime I read someone talking about "pure drivers cars" the BS meter skyrockets.
Years ago Porsche came out with a "limited edition" RS America, which I purchased. It was offered in "pure form" with such items as air conditioning, stereo, and sunroofs as options. I went the non pure route, and ordered mine with all of those, as did pretty much everyone who actually drove the car on the street.

I guess that meant I wasn't a "pure" driver, because I listened to the stereo, and drove with AC in the 100+ temps we get around here.

Saying an M3 is not a "pure drivers car" (besides being totally subjective) is rediculous. I know, older M3's are lighter,as are Lotus Elise's, but it's capable of holding it's own with most cars on the road, and the fact that it can do with with 4 seats just makes it that much more amazing.
Appreciate 0