View Single Post
      03-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #5
mike3000fl
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

I cant speak for Texas but in Florida as a concealed weapon holder I have to avoid escalating a conflict, I can't place myself into a fight where I need to pull a gun in self defense, i have to avoid conflict and basically back down and be a pussy. He was in the wrong for escalating and then pulling a weapon.

You could have raped his dog and called him what you wanted, and he still can't pull a gun to get the upper hand in an argument unless he has an immediate fear of losing his life. If he placed himself in danger he can't pull the gun.

Even if he really was in fear and pulled the gun but didn't use it, then he wasn't really in fear of his life and was just brandishing and would still go to jail.

In some states once the immediate threat to life ends, you can't shoot someone. Like if someone raped your wife while holding a shotgun to your head, and they later threw the gun on the ground and were in the process of leaving... then you shoot them as they are walking out the door, you are the one in shit because the immediate threat to life ended when he put the gun down and started walking out.

In short... If you pull a gun you had better not have started it or had a part of the escalation, you better be in real fear of your life, and better make sure you shoot to kill and not wave it around to gain leverage. He fucked up by not meeting any of these conditions.

He should be in jail and gives legal CCW carriers a bad name.

Last edited by mike3000fl; 03-22-2012 at 10:44 PM..
Appreciate 0